Crêpe Talk: Poppy Seed Crêpes With Cream Cheese Filling Anyone?
Who doesn’t love Crêpes? We all do! And this Crêpe craze has become even more evident after Pinterest and Instagram show us some mouth watering Crêpe pictures and videos almost everyday that get us craving for the same. So why visit a fancy place to get some delicious mouth-watering Crêpes? Why not make it at home? So we are here with some Crêpe talk! Here’s the recipe to making some yummy Poppy Seed Crêpes with a Cream Cheese Filling.
Here’s what you’ll need:
For the Crêpes:
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups softened cream cheese
Here’s how to make it:
For the Filling:
- Add the softened cream cheese to large mixing bowl and beat it until smooth using an electric mixer/hand blender on medium speed.
- Add the whipping cream and pure vanilla extract and beat the mixture on low speed until well-combined. Stir in the powdered sugar and fold well.
For the Crêpes:
- Whisk eggs, milk, water and melted butter until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest by rubbing them together.
- Add flour, salt, poppy seeds and mix well. Fold the eggs mixture into the flour mix and whisk until smooth.
- Lightly grease a Crêpe pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Pour some batter into the pan and swirl it around until the bottom is coated evenly.
- Cook until the edges of the Crêpe pull away from the pan. Flip and cook for 30 seconds. Set aside and keep warm.
- Spoon the filling over each Crêpe, roll up and slice.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve along with blueberries or a fruit compote.